Friday, November 6, 2009

the slump economy.


Today I was watching the news (yes, CNN is my source of choice) and there were reports of the unemployment rate in America reaching an all time high of 10.2 percent. This recession is said to be the worst economically since the Great Depression. Never could I have imagined that someone near to me would fall victim. Today my sister-in-law lost her position in a respected Toyota Dealership. This comes after Toyota reported profits in the third quarter. I was a bit baffled by it until the news reporter, said that some 650,000 more jobs would be cut.


With the Congress approving legislation to extend Unemployment benefits, and expand the Homebuyers' Tax Credit to existing homeowners, hopefully the economy will see some improvement. These tough economic times bring up a question posed by many economists, Is the Middle Class Really Sinking?

0 comments: