Tuesday, November 17, 2009

monday madness part deux


Last night, I was watching bits and pieces of the Larry King Live show. The guest on the show was former Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin. The topics covered on the show ranged from being a mom, to her future in the political arena. Larry King invited some of her supporters on the show. Among the supporters were a close ally to Palin, Kristan Cole. Cole was quoted saying "I want our country back."


That statement was puzzling to me. What do you mean "your country?" Maybe she hasn't heard the song with the tune "this land is my land, this land is your land, from California..." Seems as if there are some underlying inuendo she was suggesting.


I may be totally off target. Maybe she meant the Republicans want control of government back. Maybe she meant conservatives want control of the government back. If that were the case, perhaps she should have specified that. Sarah Palin needs to rethink who she appoints as her spokesperson, but then again it is Sarah Palin.


Would you really want her (Palin) to be running your country? Think about it, she quit the governorship of Alaska, what makes you think she wouldn't quit the Presidency if elected? Nonetheless, she has supporters, who might be supporting the candidate and not her qualifications. But, hey what do I know, I'm just a undergrad student?

0 comments: